MiraMed has perfected the development of educational programs for providers and their staff that are multi-focused and include (but are not limited to) newsletters, coding-related eAnnouncements, one-on-one individualized learning, formal presentations, generalized topics and specialized topics, all of which are influential factors in improving documentation and reporting as well as improved auditing results by the medical group.
- Formal educational presentations relevant the client for practitioners based on specific topic areas (i.e., COPD).
- Meet one-on-one with practitioners through educational appointments made according to specific provider needs such as more effective EHR documentation.
- Utilize tasking and e-mail system functions for educational purposes based on documentation reviewed after face-to-face visits.
- Send HCC coding-related eAnnouncements (by mass email) based on findings from audit reviews and ongoing health plan informational webinars.
- Send monthly/yearly HCC educational newsletters out to practitioners.
- Schedule educational programs periodically at convenient times for practitioner groups including dinner meetings.
- Facilitate inclusion of outside educational resources for speaking engagements such as pharmaceutical companies, coding organizations and health plan staff who are willing to provide support for educational meetings (i.e., handouts, refreshments).